Monday, December 21, 2009

SNOW DAYS!!!

SNOW DAY!!! Growing up in NYC we had one snow day the whole time I was in school, we also had a hurricane day but I digress. When ever it would snow I would watch the morning weather feeling that this time NYC schools would be off. But as I would watch the scroll at the bottom of the screen I would be faced with the reality that it was not to be.
I had to wait till my junior yr in high school for the blessed snow day and it was fabulous. I went sledding in Central Park with my friends, drank hot chocolate, had a blast.
Now I'm married to a teacher so when it snows I am giddy with excitement watching the weather report. The anticipation of a snow day makes me feel like a kid again but this time instead of watching in vein the schools actually close. Peter gets excited when he has off but I really go a little nuts. I hope Jonah has snow days growing up. Its really an important thing in a kids life.

I am almost done with the inventory of our moldy stuff. Just a quarter of a closet and half the kitchen left to do! Thank goodness. It really seemed like an insurmountable task when I started but now I see the end and I am grateful.

I can't believe its almost Christmas and pretty soon I will be knee deep in chex mix and rice crispy treats. Jonah's first Christmas, his Aunt and Uncle bought him the cutest santa outfit to wear. We aren't going to push the whole Santa thing on him, opting instead to teach about the spirit of Christmas but the outfit is really adorable and I think he's going to wear it anyway.
Does that make me a hypocrite?
I think I'll make some hot chocolate and reflect on my contradictory ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment