Friday, March 5, 2010

its only a 1st bday party.................

back from what seemed like endless errands...............
seriously, its only a first bday party why does it seem like its swallowing me up. mainly menu issues but really, he's only one. lets save the stress for his 10th.

this sunday is the maryland party, 2 weeks is the nyc party. this boy is going to be very celebrated.

and not to give the wrong impression or anything but they are both super low key affairs. simple food, good friends, no bouncy castles or anything crazy. the weather may even crawl to the 60's so the kids could play outside, hell the adults could play outside too.

and don;t even get me started on the dmv this morning, my number: C67. so I watch the little number board and once I see C66 is called I get my stuff ready thinking I'm next 45 min later, after the A's, D's, and G's are all up to 66 then they start in on the 67's and so forth. there is no way to explain to a baby why you have to wait that long somewhere where they can't crawl on the floor. he wanted down, I looked at that gross floor and didn't think it was a good idea, it went on like that for the entire 2 hrs we spent in there.

But the car is taken care of. My mind however is not.

And the cute train cake pan I bought especially for his first bday is now causing me nothing but angst stressing about how to decorate the damn thing. when you're a pastry chef people expect stuff to look good. i'm probably over thinking this but whatever. they are my friends and family and even if it looks horrible it will taste wonderful and really thats all that matters right.
I;m going to try and remember that when I'm not sleeping tonight worrying about it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment