Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hey um coffee, you need to step up your game a bit this AM. Just saying.

Went to a fab bbq yesterday at some friends house that we haven't seen in over a yr. It was great to reconnect. And eat their amazing food, smoked brisket anyone!! Peter and I left insisting that we need a smoker ASAP.
And thankfully there were other kids for the J man to play with. Some how my 18m old, a 2 yr old, 3 yr old and 4 yr old all managed to get along and play, with out incident. In case you are wondering chasing a yoga ball around the yard is fun for all ages.

Get ready to be slightly nauseous but I finished my first Christmas present. Pickled Watermelon rind. I had never done it before but love eating it so decided to give it a try. It wasn't hard just busy work. The final product is sweeter than I would like but maybe that will change as it sits in its pretty little mason jars. I think I may try my hand at another canning project for the holidays. I'll have to go to the farmers market and see whats around.

I'm also busy knitting Peter's present and bought yarn for a few more for other people. I love buying yarn. Ah the possibilities of what can be made with those beautiful fibers. And the fact that this month is the yarn crawl is totally feeding my addiction.
Yarn Crawl: 10 yarn shops in the area, 50 miles or less, give you a 20% discount. I got some super amazing local hand dyed local sheep wool at a shop in St Michale's. Hope to go to another shop this week.

And because today I had planned to sand and paint the tables that we bought at a yard sale the world decided to rain. Don't get me wrong the rain is a good thing, we desperately need it. So I may sit on the couch and knit and drink tea and hang out instead. Sounds like a great day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment