Sunday, September 5, 2010

the 3 stooges aren't funny, right?

My husband has a poster of the 3 Stooges. He bought in Middle School, I don't know why. But now somehow it is in our house, AND HE WANTS TO HANG IT UP. Like on the wall, as art, for us to see and look at. Um it kind of drives me crazy.

I'm the one whose home during the day. I have to look at it.

It has been moved around the house being tried in various places, on different walls. I hate it everywhere.
Is it me? I don't think they're funny. I don't want it on the wall.

Aside from my basic - a picture of the 3 stooges isn't art- position, I don't want Jonah thinking that hitting people is funny. Its not like we are showing him episodes of the 3 S's or anything but seeing their picture has to have some effect on him later in life right?

I recently read an article about raising boys and how they need to be given the freedom to "be boys". Its defiantly a topic I need to do more research on.
Peter grew up with 4 brothers so there was a lot of rough housing going on. I'm just not familiar with that whole world. Or how I played when I was little.

We are having some friends, who also have toddler boys, over today. Boy play all over the place. Interested to see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. I agree about the 3 stooges. You should read "It's a Boy! Your son's development from birth to age 18" by Michael Thompson. I checked it out at the library, some interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'll check it out. The poster is still moving around, just not to the give away pile :(

    ReplyDelete