Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Re Re Re

We are moving again. and believe me when I say that I am ecstatic that we actually found a place to move to.

Its the big huge monster house. And instead of being terrified of the fact that we are moving into such a behemoth I am choosing to be excited that we will have space. Jonah will have a big ol' play room, Peter will have an office to do his school work in and a separate music/art room, I will have an art room, after all those rooms we still have guest rooms, so please come visit. you get the picture right.............its big!!

And due to the mold incident of this past winter we have no furniture, or much of anything else. Our current place was furnished so we are starting from square one, sort of. My mom thankfully has furniture that doesn't fit into her current place so we get that. and we actually bought our first piece of new furniture either together or separately. I normally love the fact that we buy used but this time around we decided to buy a comfy couch. Our last 3 used couches have been so uncomfortable that we decided to go for it!! but we still need stuff like dressers, end tables, lamps, book cases etc. We are supposed to be going to a big furniture flea market toady but it starts in 10 min and both my boys are down for naps and I'm blogging so we'll see what time we actually get there. Its only on Wednesdays and to be honest I've been wanting to go ever since i've heard about it and now I finally have a reason.
We did get stuff at yard sales last weekend, coffee tables, an end table, etc that all needs to be repainted. Yay!! break out the sander and spray paint!!!PROJECT!!!
I've already started to think about the most amazing shade of blue for one of the tables and yellow, not sure what shade pale I think, for the other.

I want to buy book cases but since all of our books are in the dump covered in mold it seems a little depressing to have empty book cases even though I know we'll fill them eventually.

When we moved into this place we were in shock after having all our stuff hauled away, and to the dump no less. We people we buy used, repurpose, recycle, etc had to actually throw out our perfectly good stuff into a landfill. It was painful on so many levels.

This house was furnished, horribly so but furnished none the less. There was a bed we could sleep on and a table we could eat at. The couch and chairs are actually wooden benches, very uncomfortable. So uncomfortable in fact that we brought the 3rd row of seats from our minivan in the house to use as a couch instead.
I knew we were only staying here for a few months so unpacking the few remaining things that we had seemed pointless. And to be fare I just didn't have it in me. We have clothes, dishes, J has his toys. But I just couldn't put the effort into making this place our home.

But this next house that we are moving into in a week and a half well i have big plans for you house so get ready. I am determined to make it OUR HOUSE. Who knows how long we will be living there. We usually move every yr sadly sometimes its more but every yr is our average. But for the yr that we are living there, (please let it be at least a yr) I want it to feel like home. I want to walk in the door and feel like we belong, its our space not some temporary lodging.

So yard sales and thrift stores watch out! I'm a woman on a mission. I will find cute beat up cheap stuff and do what has to be done to restore, refit, and repurpose, what you have so that we, Jonah Peter and Bonnie, will have a comfortable place to be at peace. loving each other, playing with each other, and spending time together.

2 comments:

  1. You guys have been moving and moving and moving. I hope this house will finally allow you guys to settle down a bit. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks M. We have been nomadic for a while.

    ReplyDelete