Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Today Today Today

Today is one of those days.
I woke up determined to have a great day even though I have to clean the whole house and not a normal clean the house but a we're having people over for Peter's birthday on Saturday kind of clean, you know a company clean house. I have never nor will I ever claim to be a good house keeper. I don't like doing it but it must be done is my attitude. We always have clean dishes and clean clothes but there is usually a pile of dirty ones ready to take their places.
SO I set out today to do the million things on my to do list that I don't really want to do. And I decided that I was going to have a good attitude about it!!

That was this morning.
Now its the afternoon. I got a lot accomplished but.....I love my child, he's the most wonderful fabulous interesting person, however, today he is having a serious TODDLER DAY. Mom's you know what I mean. He just is being the fabulous little boy that he is with a major dose of stubborn, my way or I'll scream mixed in.

According to Jonah: why only draw on paper-why not the stairs, and crayons aren't only for drawing-eating them is super fun too, and I'm going to sit in a mud puddle while mommy puts the clothes on the line and scream like crazy and have a major fit when she wants to take off my dirty clothes before going in the house.

Nothing terrible, just normal kid stuff. I love that he's opinionated. I love that he's curious, determined, independent. I think its getting to me cause I need to be cleaning and don't want to (did I mention that?) and really would much rather play in a mud puddle with him.

Fingers crossed that a nap is going to take place!!

Knit night tonight will set me right!!!

And by the way, saw Erin yesterday who I haven't seen in 11 yrs. I don't feel old enough to have friends that I haven't seen in 11 yrs. Thanks "old friend"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment