Friday, November 12, 2010

less than 2 weeks to go

Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away and I am already feeling the stress.

I'm a planner. I love lists, crossing things off off of lists, rewriting lists, color coding lists, I'm giddy just talking about it.

But I haven't really done much planning for the big day yet. Sure I've ordered my turkey, and yes I know what one of the desserts will be, tart apple toffee pie in case you're wondering. but the rest of it is a mystery.

Not to mention all the house stuff I have to do before my family arrives. Pictures need to be hung, boxes still need to be unpacked, yes all stuff that should have been done by now considering we moved in in August but well, um, stop judging me!

I want to smoke the turkey this yr, considering we bought a smoker and all, but I've never used it before so this weekend will be the dry run. with a brisket instead of a turkey.
I have high hopes but crossing my fingers just in case.

Oh and after a set back with Peter's sweater, like 20 extra stitches.......yikes! I'm back on track after a bit of frogging. I hate frogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment