Wednesday, January 20, 2010

teething, knitting, heating,


This is Jonah's new favorite teething toy!


The move is complete!!! Couldn't be happier!!! Jonah spouting 4 teath at once can't even dampen my mood.

Kara came on Saturday to help. She was amazing, on the phone most of the time coordinating relief in Haiti while carrying boxes and playing with Jonah. She is quite the multitasker!

We are only able to steal internet for a few hrs each night so P and I decided we have to invest. They are coming tomorrow to install and then we will be on whenever we want not the other way.

My new yrs resolutions were to find an organizational system that actually works for me and to learn to knit.

After we moved on Sat Kara, Peter, Jonah and I went to town to get lunch and walk around. After we ate at the wonderful Bayard house I spy a knitting/crafting store and make a B line. As we walk in P says "hey they have a class schedule" I look and no joke intro to knitting is being held the next day. So even though we are surrounded by boxes I spend my Sunday afternoon being taught to knit by Wendy Knitting teacher extraordinaire! And now I am a knitter!!!!! I am making a wrap to wrap Jonah and I in for those chilly night time nursings. I love it.

And in further crafting news I think the quilt, you know THE QUILT that I have been working on for 5 yrs is making its way to completion! I have to sew the 3 pieces together and find some fabric that I want to use for the other side and sew it all together. Light at the end of the tunnel my friends, light at the end of the tunnel.

Living in a house is fun, being from NY I've never lived in a house before. I can sit in the living room and look out at the water and I am content.

I am a total miser with the heat. But am getting used to wearing a light jacket and scarf around the house. If I start wearing my winter coat indoors like my father does feel free to have an intervention.
Jonah loves crawling up the stairs when we let him and having so much space.
Have gone for some wonderful walks by the canal. Watching the huge ships go by, listening to the birds.

Today Jonah and I were playing where's your nose? Then I'd point to his nose. Where's your hand? Then I'd point to his hand. When I got to where's your foot he grabbed his foot held it out and had a humongous smile on his face. He knew he knew. My child is brilliant, have I said that before? He knows what his foot is!!!!

1 comment:

  1. There is this great book I read called "The Knitting Circle." It's a very comforting book you may want to pick up now that you will be knitting.

    Great pic by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete