Friday, October 9, 2009

wake up!

My sweet baby boy has been waking up at 5:30 all week. My sweet husband and I are fried.
I'm not quite sure why this is taking such a toll. Baby boy woke up every hr or two for a nurse up until 6 weeks ago and I somehow, SOMEHOW managed to survive it. My body it seems has forgotten how to survive on too little sleep. 5:30 is early lets be honest.
So after the little one nursed for a bit he fell back asleep and his parents followed soon after. What seemed like 5 min later I woke up and checked the clock. Hubs had to be at work in 15 min! I wake him up in a rush and tell him the time. He responds that he doesn't like being waken up so hastily and in the future could I please wake him more softly. Sorry but when I'm exhausted and not thinking clearly the wake up is going to be what its going to be. I don't have the brain power to think through everything.

I just saw some one on TV wearing a huge mondo cocktail ring, immediately I said to myself that I WANT ONE. Then I thought, whats the point where am I going to wear it, Walmart?
When we lived in NY i was a creative dresser. I wore jewelry, I loved clothes. Now clothes are just something to cover my body. I don't really care how I look, I just want to be comfortable. I've read other moms say how important it is for your marriage that you dress well after you have a baby, etc. But frankly that is just one more thing that I don't have in me these days. 1. I don't have the time or energy to dress like before, and necklaces are out since my son will just yank on them till they break, 2. I can't fit into my pre-baby clothes and I refuse to buy too many things in my current size for fear of staying this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment