Monday, October 26, 2009

Coffee anyone? what is the term for beyond tired?

There isn't enough coffee in the world to get me through today.
I'm lost, I've mentally checked out, I want to lay down in my closet and hide.

But then my sweet baby boy gives me that amazing smile, laughs his addictive laugh, and reminds me that I have a 24/7 gig and checking out isn't an option and hiding in my closet is a ridiculous notion, besides I could never fit in there with the amount of clothes pouring out of it anyway.

Diapers must be washed..................

My amazing child has started crawling in earnest now. Before it was a few steps here and a few there but now the boy is clear across the room before I can believe it.
And while I'm bragging here my incredible baby crawled over to his potty hit it with his hand twice and started making pooping sounds. I put him on it and he pooped. So you can clearly see that he is brilliant. Elimination Communication works!

My house is turning into romper room. I've made piece with it, hubs not so much. It probably has to do with the fact that I live among toys all day while he goes to work outside.

I loved my hubby saying yesterday while we were in the midst of a big box store that "it was his day off so lets not spend all day in there". It made me realize that I haven't had a day off in 7 1/2 months and I have no expectation of having a day off for the next 18 or so yrs. It was sorta a depressing realization I must admit. Maybe I can get one day off a yr, probably not but a girl can dream can't she?

My day starts at 4:30 AM when baby boy wakes and ends at 8:30 when I finally fall onto the couch and refuse to do anymore work. But then I remember that I have to iron something for my hubs to wear to work tomorrow and then that is the last thing that I do for the day.
I should go directly to bed, do not pass go do not collect $200 but go directly to bed but I feebly attempt to have a conversation with my guy and then it takes every ounce of energy that I have left to pry myself off the couch, brush my teeth and tell myself I'll floss tomorrow and crawl/flop/dive into bed and drift off hoping that 4:30 doesn't come anytime soon but it always comes well before I feel that it should.
4:30 comes earlier and earlier every day.

The leaves are changing colors. I feel like I am changing colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment