Monday, October 3, 2011

Confession:

Here it is! Are you all ready for my confession?

I'M NOT WONDER WOMAN!!

Its true, I'm not. Its taken me a while to come to this realization, maybe some of you have suspected it all along. But its just hitting me now. I am not wonder woman. I can't do it all, be all things to all people, save the world.

Of course Wonder woman might not be so wonderful either if she had 2 screaming kids in the back of that invisible airplane of hers. I mean there really is no way she's chasing a toddler in those heels, and while her bracelets may be fabulous for deflecting bullets they would most likely scratch a newborn every time she went to pick them up.

Don't get me wrong. I love Wonder Woman. She has blue hair for goodness sake, sure they say its black but we all know its blue. And I'm obviously a fan of her bright and colorful outfit. But I'm beginning to question whether even she could do it all. Maybe the reason she doesn't have kids or a spouse is because she felt that she had to make a choice between career and family and she chose career. After all saving the world is a big job and when your kid has an ear infection you can't really ask if the "bad guy" could try and destroy the world tomorrow cause you're needed at home.

So if Wonder Woman can't do it all and I can't do it all maybe I'm more like her than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment