Monday, September 28, 2009

Alone time

This past Saturday I left my sweet baby alone with his Dad for the first time. I had t0 go to Drivers Ed and before any of you ask yes I am way to old to be going for my license but I'm a city kid and I never got it, lets move on. So my hubs and baby spent 8 hrs together. I wrote out very detailed instructions showed him where everything was, to the point where he was giving me that "I'm not an idiot" look. But hey I was nervous.
So I get to class this guy comes in, puts a video in the VCR and walks out, comes back at 11:30 and says 30 min. lunch, comes back at 12 puts in another video, comes back at 3 and says go home. The videos were from the 80's, one was creeepily hosted my Christopher Reeves. As soon as he walked out of the room at 9 AM I pulled out a magazine, read it cover to cover. When finished with that I began my book. AND READ THE WHOLE THING. The last time I curled up and read an entire book was - well before my son was born. I actually finished my book with 9 min left to go in class, it was a long 9 min. But I used the time to text with my friends about how I just read a book with out being interrupted.
Now yes it was a mom magazine and yes it was a humor book on being a mom but i had 8 hrs of alone time and I loved it. Don't get me wrong, I missed my baby like crazy, my husband actually had to send me 2 pictures of him while I was gone just so I could see that he was ok, my boobs were swollen and painfully bursting with milk. But those 8 hrs were well worth the $35 that I had to pay for the class. And now I get to take my driving test. If only I can get better at parallel parking I may actually get to go to the grocery store all my myself, with the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment